Review: Shades of Magic Series

August 24, 2017


A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Love and loss,” he said, “are like a ship and the sea. They rise together. The more we love, the more we have to lose. But the only way to avoid loss is to avoid love. And what a sad world that would be.”

 There are some books which are good, and then there are the truly remarkable ones, the Shades of Magic series lives in the realm of the latter; it's impressively well constructed, the character's development is splendid and the world is stunning. It might be one of the best series I've read this year.

 Everything, from beginning to conclusion had me turning pages at the speed of light. I specially enjoyed A Conjuring of Light above the two previous instalments because at that point all the characters were together which made the dinamics much more interesting, (besides the fact that I totally have a crush on Holland and he is present for almost the entirety of the book) Kell and Lila's exchanges and conversations were always my favourite part since book one. But I guess what I like the best about these books besides the writing style is how the author manages to include all characters into the storyline, every single one of them adds something to the plot that is unique and vital to the story, making the whole so much better than the sum of it's parts.

---

 Existen buenos libros, y después están los realmente remarcables, la serie Shades of Magic vive en el reino de éstos últimos; está impresionantemente bien construida, el desarrollo de los personajes es espléndido y el ambiente es maravilloso. Es probablemente una de las mejores series que he leído este año.

 Todo, desde el inicio hasta el final me tuvo dando vuelta las páginas a la velocidad de la luz. Especialmente disfruté A Conjuring of Light por sobre los otros dos libros previos ya que en ese punto todos los personajes ya se encontraban juntos por lo que la dimámica se vuelve mucho más interesante, (además de que me encanta Holland y él está presente durante casi todo el libro) los intercambios y conversaciones en Kell y Lila fueron siempre mi parte favorita desde el primer libro. Pero supongo que lo que me gusta más de éstos a parte del estilo de escritura es como la autora logra incluir a todos los personajes en la historia, cada uno de ellos añade a la trama algo único y vital, logrando que el todo sea mucho mejor que la suma de sus partes.



View all my reviews

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Liz (A Sea of Books)27 August 2017 at 10:51

    I absolutely love those books! Lila is such a badass. I haven't read the last one so I appreciate that there are no spoilers, but I think I'll read it this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's such a perfect conclusion for the story.

      Delete
  2. I thought Holland was alright, like Luc better but yes, those are wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, in my heart he was more than alright. Maybe I have a thing for that kind of character or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Delete