October Wrap-Up

November 15, 2017


I know, we're almost halfway across November, but I really wanted to make this Wrap-Up so here we are anyway. October was a very good month for me actually, not just on reading terms but overall. However the theme here is books, of course and so of books I'm going to talk.
 For some unkown reason I managed to finish ten books last month, for which I'm very proud, here's an overlook:


Clockwork Princess / Cassandra Clare
At the end of September I was so caught up with the Infernal Devices series I finished the third installment in a night and a day. I've already written a review for the entire series, which I really liked (ignoring the ending that is) so that's that.


Percy Jackon and the Olympians / Rick Riodan
At the begining of the month I figured I would read just one book out of the Percy Jackson series and I ended reading all five of them, go figure. They were such quick reads for me, definitely a huge part of how I managed to read so many books this month, it felt as if I was flying through the pages.
Rick Riodan is one of my favorite writers, I find they way he combines Greek mythology and Pop culture hilarious. I haven't read much of his other work, but I've heard very good comments and will definitely be makig my way through his other books soon.
This series also has that coming of age effect similar to the Harry Potter books that makes it very enjoyable in my opinion, it's very entretaining to see the themes that inhabit these books become a little more serious as the characters age. And though they do have their fair share of clichés, this is without a doubt one of my favorite series.

The Prince of Mist / Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Zafón wrote this book when he was younger than me, that said, I wish I had the talent to pull off such a thing. It is not perfect by any means but it caused such a great impression on me when I was a kid that it holds a very special place in my heart still.



The Dead House / Dawn Kurtagich
Now this one was a bit of a challege, it was part of my Halloween Reading Challenge so I read it anyway, though it didn't quite caught my attention at first. In the end I did like it and it turned out to be a perfect read for this time of the year.


Gone Girl / Gillian Flynn
I've got a list of those characters I'm kind of ashamed to like, featuring almost all the villains in my favorite novels. Amy Dunne is on the top five, she's an evil genius and every bit of a psychopath but I love her, there's no changing that.



The Walls Around Us / Nova Ren Suma
I firmly believe that there are no words for me to explain just how much I love this book. It's a story like no other, about ambition and betrayal, with just the paranormal twist to make it unique. I hope to write a review soon.


 And that's it! I'm really happy I got to complete the challenge, it helped me get into the Halloween spirit and getting closer to my reading goal for the year as well. Did you guys finish your challenges? How many books did you read last month?

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I was suppose to read The Dead House around Halloween time because it would have been perfect but blah I ran out of time, so hopefully maybe soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, but maybe not the best of all the Halloween reads our there. It still suits the colder months of you wanna try it this season though. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You got to so many this month. I still need to finish Clare's first series and then the Infernal Devices. I adored the Percy Jackson series, too.
    Yay for getting to your Halloween reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it's been years since I read The Mortal Instruments, though I would definitely advice it if you wanna read The Infernal Devices later. I love love love Percy Jackson too! I'm glad you enjoyed them as well.

      Delete